Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fear is an illusion.

There are times I am so comfortable in my solitude. I need that time to maintain my balance and sanity in the midst of an insane world. I remember a time when I hated being alone. I had to always be on the phone talking to my friends, going out, partying, and going over my friend’s house. I hated being alone.

Yet there comes a time in everyone’s life, you have to become comfortable with spending time with yourself. It has taken a very long time for me to live in this place with myself. Now my first inclination is to spend quiet time with me, I have to balance my life to make sure to have people around.

I remember a time when I became overwhelmed interacting with so many people. I began to lose myself. Then I went to the other extreme in order to regain my balance. I did not find it comforting just better than being around a lot of people. It took years before solitude became a joyful, fun time for me. It is a joyful time when I connect with others too. I don’t get overwhelmed by other people’s negativity. I understand we all have our respective lessons to learn along the way. That is life.

How we each deal with perceived conflict, hurt feelings, betrayal, and fear determines everything. When we continue to choose fear we limit ourselves. My Godmother constantly told me fear is an illusion. I am still learning what that means. Fear is an illusion. Fear feels so real. Our reaction to fear is real. Fear is used to control. Fear is used to dominate. One dominates another based on fear. What happens when fear is the foundation of a relationship? What happens when fear is the foundation of a society? What happens when fear dictates your actions?

I can only come to understand by dealing with my fears. In my solitude I gain understanding of myself, allowing me to gain understanding of others. My thoughts today are about this time of Pluto in Capricorn is an awesome time for transformation. Individual transformation creates the transformation in society. We really are the change we seek. That is a Universal truth. Beyond our differences we are all human beings. Life on this planet has existed for millions of years. Why do we think we have all the answers?

Our current time is proof we do not. Did I allow fear to guide me today? Did you allow fear to guide you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment